I found that in chinese saltwater forum, and nobody knows what is this,

looks like from the moive ALIEN, it's acting like spring, jump out of the

cave in the LR to prey a small fish.

post-43503-1297440915_thumb.jpg

I found that in chinese saltwater forum, and nobody knows what is this,

looks like from the moive ALIEN, it's acting like spring, jump out of the

cave in the LR to prey a small fish.

post-43503-1297440915_thumb.jpg

Could be what's commonly known as a bobbit worm, aka Eunice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbit_worm

If you google bobbit worm, pictures just like yours comes up.

igotreefermadness

Yeah I'd say bobbit. The bobbits have that same "opposing fangs" characteristic. Some people grow them, notorious for being aggressive. People will setup species tanks for em.

I read that article bout the one in the aquarium they pulled out..... 4 FEET LONG!!! And bristles that cause permanent numbness..... I hope I never find on of these in my aquarium.

igotreefermadness

http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm

Makes you think twice about stickin your hand in the rocks haha.

They are suuuuper resilient too, there's a story about a guy who couldnt get one out of his base rock, so he tried feeding it copper and superglue and it still wouldnt die.

And then another guy said he left the rock his lived in out to dry for a week and it was still alive when he put it back in.

Funktastic Wint
http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm

Makes you think twice about stickin your hand in the rocks haha.

They are suuuuper resilient too, there's a story about a guy who couldnt get one out of his base rock, so he tried feeding it copper and superglue and it still wouldnt die.

And then another guy said he left the rock his lived in out to dry for a week and it was still alive when he put it back in.

thats beyond disgusting.

these all need to be burned! BURNED

I swear if I ever see anything like that in my aquarium I will smash that tank and everything in it, burn it, smash it again and never so much as look at the sea again.

Disgusting.

A buddy of mine pulled a 4 footer out of his tank and the head looked nothing like that. Look at the lower- for lack of a better term- fang. It has a notch in it for the upper one to fit in.

I'm going to ask a worm expert...

carbon-mantis

Looks awesome. :happy:

Looks like it may be a polychaete of some sort, from the body segmentation. May slightly narrow down the ID.

::edit again:: Check out the genus Glyceridae, they have some funky mouthparts that look very slightly similar.

it is a type of predator that lives in large hollowed barnacles in i believe temperate water. i am not sure if it is a "worm" or what, but i have seen them cooked and eaten in Mediterranean dishes. they are truly disgusting looking, i have never tasted one though.

lessergeneration
found the answer, and it is Eulagisca gigantea, it lives in Antarctica.

so don't worry, it will be cooked in normal reef tank.

nice! looks spot on to pics i found.

FriendlyStranger
I swear if I ever see anything like that in my aquarium I will smash that tank and everything in it, burn it, smash it again and never so much as look at the sea again.

Disgusting.

lol these types of worms aren't that bad when they're small. Look how cute mine is :lol::P

Archived