ReefCleaners.org

How do you clown around

dylan1464

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was your clown dead when it was eaten? Because my clown hosts my candycane...

he was sick and laying on the candy cane and the candy cane seized the moment!!

I like tomato clowns. They're not your typical clownfish yet still a clown if that makes any sense. And when you give 'em a bubbletip anemone it's like a match made in heaven. :happy:

I had a black occelaris before, it was mean. I couldn't put my hand in the tank without him biting me. He cut my skin and drew blood on more than a few occasions. He was hosting my elephant ear mushroom until one night the elephant ear slowly closed up on him and he was trapped. I had more than enough time to do something and get him out of it but for some reason I was overcome with a calming satisfaction by the thought of never getting hurt again while cleaning around the tank so I walked away and he was completely gone by morning. :mellow:

I like tomato clowns. They're not your typical clownfish yet still a clown if that makes any sense. And when you give 'em a bubbletip anemone it's like a match made in heaven. :happy:

I had a black occelaris before, it was mean. I couldn't put my hand in the tank without him biting me. He cut my skin and drew blood on more than a few occasions. He was hosting my elephant ear mushroom until one night the elephant ear slowly closed up on him and he was trapped. I had more than enough time to do something and get him out of it but for some reason I was overcome with a calming satisfaction by the thought of never getting hurt again while cleaning around the tank so I walked away and he was completely gone by morning. :mellow:

I find that intersting. I have had the opposite experience my self. The meanest clown I ever had was a tomato clown and I none of my occelaris have been mean at all... I guess it depends on the individual fish.

That's the first I heard of them doing that. LoL

He usually only goes to it if he gets scared...I guesss it's kind of like a comfort blanket...lol.

And just a few juvies :P

IMG_5498.jpg

awsome.

Me too. I always thought the meaner of the two were the tomatoes.

350th Post in 1 month that I have been here!!!!!!!

congrats...

ill have some nice updates tomorrow for you guys

Substrate:

Aragonite Alive on bottom then shells on top

Fish:

Pair of B&W Occy Clowns

Orange Spotted Goby paired with stripe Pistol

Midas Blenny

Inverts:

Stripe Pistol

Skunk Cleaner

Emerald Crab

Corals:

Softies, LPS, Polyps, SPS when I upgrade to T5, and a nem for the clowns later on.

Is this good?

Archived