inTank Media Baskets

Nanocube 12 New Aquascape

tk3445

when i started this tank last year I had it chocked with live Rock like over 25lbs I slowly have been removing some of it as i go and realized how bad it looked my newest aquascape i got a little motovation to do a hill but once i started stacking i lost the hill look i think.

check out these pics and let me know what ya think and if this layout is gonna cause me problems?

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

It looks ok but with the way you have rocks stacked you have no space for any additional corals. I would add a slope going towards the front of the display.

maybe add a few smaller rocks from right side on a diagonal to the left? kind of like a cay. Keep them low also so you have space to mount frags, but still see the stacked caves in the back. IMHO :)

+1 on the no room to add corals, also might want to keep that xenia in check, it took over those top rocks.. but it will spread through out your whole tank. I speak from experience.

Otherwise im sure youll move the tank around time and time.. its how it goes until we find that perfect scape.

+1 on the no room to add corals, also might want to keep that xenia in check, it took over those top rocks.. but it will spread through out your whole tank. I speak from experience.

Otherwise im sure youll move the tank around time and time.. its how it goes until we find that perfect scape.

Yeah man I frag off that xenia every month usually and my LFS buys it from me for $5 a frag store credit... which isnt great but it is easy and the stuff spreads like wildfire... I like to have both of those top rocks covered with it because my clowns have each taken one of the rocks on as their "home" so i only trim it back as it spreads to other rocks and reachs outwards...

This is the 3rd time i have reaquascaped and each time i have removed LR because like i said i started with too much i think... This is by far my favorite scape i think and the torch in the front seems to be extended the farthest i have ever seen it... idk why that is hopfully i keep liking this one...

I am kind of poor to add more corals... the only thing i was thinking about adding was on the right side i have that small ramp that is empty i might add another small zoa frag...

also since i reaquascaped... my mushrooms do not seem to open nearly as big should i shade them more?

Tom

Archived