Pod Your Reef

Current USA slimpaq t5 bulbs compatiable?

Mechano

Hello, just a question for a friend of mine.

He recently bought a Current USA 36" fixture and is wondering if his slimpaq bulbs are interchangeable with normal high output T5 bulbs. Any advice quick would be greatly helpful!!

He wants to buy a bunch of giessman bulbs thru a local group buy but needs to know if these bulbs are compatiable.

thanks

Slimpaq bulbs are NO. The Nova is an HO fixture. Not a good idea. They will fire, but they will have a drastically shorter life with less output than a true HO bulb.

Any 39W bulb will work in any 36" fixture, so the Giessman bulbs are safe.

Slimpaq bulbs are NO. The Nova is an HO fixture. Not a good idea. They will fire, but they will have a drastically shorter life with less output than a true HO bulb.

Any 39W bulb will work in any 36" fixture, so the Giessman bulbs are safe.

Hmmm. thats weird cause the fixture in this link http://www.bigalsonline.ca/Fish_Lighting_L...02.html?tc=fish says that it is a high output fixture and it came with slimpaq bulbs...

So just to clarify things, any 39w T5HO bulb would work with this fixture even though this fixture came with the slimpaq bulbs? It says they are HO, that is why I am curious as to why you said slimpaqs are NO bulbs.

Sorry, I guess I missinterpreted the first post. Current has Slimpaq bulbs in NO, and I guess I just defaulted to that. Any 39W bulb will work in any fixture.

Archived