ReefCleaners.org

lqdKaos' New 30gal long

lqdKaos

I have been in the hobby for ~5 or 6 years and been lurking around NR for the last couple of those years. I don't post very often because I rarely have anything to say that hasn't been said better by some one else.

My current tank is a JBJ 28 gallon NanoCube HQI. Its been up and running for a little over a year with a false perc, blue spot Jawfish, sixline wrasse, and a rainsford goby. For corals, there's a couple large colonies of zoas, a ricordea garden, birds nest couple different montis, a trochea clam, frogspawn and a duncan. Everyone has been pretty happy, except me.

I work from home and my tank is in the living room and I am in my office for 8 - 10 hours a day. So I have decided to stand up a new tank. But I wanted more sandbed to work with than the cube allows. So I decided on a 30 gallon tank. The dimensions are 36 x 12 x 18. I am still in the process of getting all the components lined up. My plan, keep it simple and no drilling

So far here is what I have

All Glass Aquarium 30 gallon

TekLight 36" T5HO 4 bulb fixture

2 Aquagrow

2 Actinic

AquaC Remora skimmer

Fluval 305 canister

On order

CPR Aquafuge Large Deluxe (5 gallon HOB Fuge)

ebojager heater

I know what everyone thinks of canisters, but this is strictly for water polishing and the carbon. My main filtration will be biological in the form of live rock in the main display and rubble in the fuge coupled with protein skimming and frequent water changes.

I am not sure what my stocking plans are at this point....I figure I have at least a 1 - 1.5 months to figure that out. The rest of my equipment will hopefully be here this week and I can start cycling this weekend.

Will post pics as soon as I can.

While I am still waiting for my equipment to get here in the mail, I figured I would add a few teaser shots of my current setup.

fullTankShot.jpg

Full Tank Shot 9 Feb 2011

greenBlueMonit.jpg

zoasClamFrogspawn.jpg

ricordeaBSJ.jpg

Hope y'all like it.

Nice picks of your JBJ28. I have a BC29 and just recently started a 20 long project. I think you will like the dimensions of your new tank.

I've used a canister for years on my BC29. I have never had a issue with my canister.

You got a nice looking zoa farm growing there. Does the jawfish usually hang out like that on the rics?

Yeah, he hangs out there most of his day. His burrow is just to the left of his tail in the pic. Its kind of cool because his burrow is completely surrounded by corals. And he just looks cool perched on the rics like that.

Archived