ReefCleaners.org

Flower Anemone/Clam Reproducing

CollegeNano

Mr. rock flower anemone started excreting a while milky substance into my tank during a water change. Is it "puking" or purging something into my tank that I should siphon out pronto? Thanks

IMG_1234.jpg

Superb, now my clam has gotten the reproduction bug and started blasing its love into the tank as well. Time for endless water changes all night, blah.

if you have more than one flower anemone expect some new ones soon.

Too bad I don't. It would be interested to see if they reproduced.

Good food for the coral. Leave it in for a while.

Ray,

46 gallon tank, what do you think the odds are it will deplete the oxygen enough to kill my fish though?

Ray,

46 gallon tank, what do you think the odds are it will deplete the oxygen enough to kill my fish though?

I wouldn't worry about that if you only leave it in for half an hour. It would have to begin decaying before oxygen depletion occurs.
I wouldn't worry about that if you only leave it in for half an hour. It would have to begin decaying before oxygen depletion occurs.

Alright, well I did a 2 gallon waterchange with the leftover ro/di I had from my water change earlier today. It will take some time to make new RO anyway so I'll wait it out and monitor. Thanks for easing the anxiety a little though!

If you are really that concerned about it, put some fresh carbon in the filter. Run a skimmer if you have one, or a diatom filter if you have one. A skimmer or diatom filter would remove most of the "DNA".

Archived