Cultivated Reef

5W light for my fuge...

goodfishguy

Hi,

I have just set up a little fuge about 5 gallon.

All I need now is just lighting for it. I have a little canopy from my 2.2 gallon tank. It does fit into my 5 gallon fuge but the light is only 5W.

I would like to know if 5W lighting is enough for my little fuge??

Thanks a lot in advancd!

Probably not. Azoo makes some full spectrum clip on lights in the 14w. range called palm lights. They'd work better. The more light you can spare, the better.

Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

pep boys has a bayco shop light 13w 6500k around 12-15$

What does it look like though? Ugly?

I just made my AC300 into a small fuge and haver an Azoo palm light over it, 7w 6500k. Not sure of this is enough light, howver it's a small fuge so i don't know. Gets a little indirect light from my 250w HQI during the day though.

Reefer_Buddha

looks like a small yellow shop light. Not the most attractive light but hey, does the job. I just trimmed out over 1oz of gracillaria from it :)

Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

looks like a small yellow shop light. Not the most attractive light but hey, does the job. I just trimmed out over 1oz of gracillaria from it :)

Yeah i need something that looks decent as it will be a plain view. Also need something doesn't doesn't spill over a lot of light into the tank during the night.

Do you think the 7w 6500k will be sufficient for the AC300? The fuge area is about 6"x4"x6". I have the light about an 1" off the water directly over the maro's. A little light from the HQI hits it for 8 hours during the day as well.

Archived