Pod Your Reef

WOW, a cool mantis!

Sahin

I just saw a 5.5inch mantis at the LFS!  It was an awesome beast. Its colours were red, darkgreen and light green.

Its eyes were a beautiful purple.  Simply a beautiful creature.  This big one the LFS were thinking of not selling but the guy said he has smaller individuals at his house, and they will sell those.  I think I am going to buy one of the smaller ones.  Man those things look amazing.

I saw it in a circular plastic cage things inside a tank, and it came out to look at me :)

keep it alone and they can be great pets.  I read somewhere (when I was trying to find ways to get rid of them) that they can be trained.  Never bothered to find out if this was true.  Instead, I fed mine back to the remaining fish in my tank.

Sahin, weren't you in a panic a few weeks ago to rid your rock of one? :) Freshwater dipping and all. LOL!

No malice intended, but I think that's pretty funny. I thought I might want one, but the single species tank idea doesn't do much for me.

Liz, back then there was a mantis in MY tank. :)

In my tank it would have caused a lot of havoc.

But; one in its own tank; is pretty cool. :)

Plus these ones at the LFS look way better than the one I had.

Yeah I agree its pretty funny how a while ago I was freaking over one in my tank and now I wanna setup a tank just for a mantis!  Pretty funny I agree!

DSC01641.JPG

Ok bad picture, but this tank is infront of seafood resterant next to the beach in Thailand... ya, Thai eat that, but I never have them though.

that animals are about 6-7" long I think..

(Edited by joh at 4:57 pm on June 24, 2002)

Archived