ReefCleaners.org

CAD Lights pico

Oakleyguy89

I've been looking at these tanks as well, they're nice looking setups. That said, it's impossible to tell if they'd be ok with SPS. LED's are all over the board on their efficiency. Some rock and have decent par ratings, others are really just for show and won't grow or keep anything alive. I'm not seeing any par ratings on their site to tell what they're using so my guess is that they're not going to be heavy enough for what you want.

As a side note, with a tank that small my guess (purely my guess mind you) is that *if* the lights were strong enough for SPS they'd also be too much light for most of the softy corals. Usually you just keep the softies down lower but in this case there isn't much of a lower area to go to. Since softies are a bit more common in pico tanks that would mean CAD would almost have to sell it as an SPS only tank or else a lot of people would complain.

I've been looking at these tanks as well, they're nice looking setups. That said, it's impossible to tell if they'd be ok with SPS. LED's are all over the board on their efficiency. Some rock and have decent par ratings, others are really just for show and won't grow or keep anything alive. I'm not seeing any par ratings on their site to tell what they're using so my guess is that they're not going to be heavy enough for what you want.

As a side note, with a tank that small my guess (purely my guess mind you) is that *if* the lights were strong enough for SPS they'd also be too much light for most of the softy corals. Usually you just keep the softies down lower but in this case there isn't much of a lower area to go to. Since softies are a bit more common in pico tanks that would mean CAD would almost have to sell it as an SPS only tank or else a lot of people would complain.

I actually emailed them and they sent this as the reply:

"All 3 models of our Mini series is designed to support both LPS and SPS

corals along with some fish and scavengers too.

Thank you and please let me know if you need any further assistance

Eddie"

• 10 months later...

Archived