Coral Vue Hydros

Water flow in my refugium ?

gee

I just finished my fuge, i did a little test with a hair algae, i let the pump suck it to the fuge and watch the water flow in the fuge, my concern is that it didnt go down where the sand is, it floated to the last chamber and went back in the tank, do you think the water will mix correctly ? is there some kind of water colorant i can add the the intake to really watch the flow ?

The water is perfectly balance even if i cut off the power,the water level only raise about a 1/4 inch but should i add i check valve to prevent a siphon effect ?

Thanks for the help, my fuge was inspired from reefer, but because i work for a glass manufacture i build it with glass.

The fuge hold 5 gallon of water.

Here is a pic.

why dont you try taking some of the water out and make the last baffle a couple inches shorter...? Your water should not cover the baffle, just flow over them. the water is not going all the way down to the bottom because there is too much water volume in the fuge as it is... Hope it helps.

Reefer_Buddha

the water will still be purified by macro algaes in the tank. After you get them (macros) they will grow very close to the surface of the water and still do their job. Just because your algae went over the top of the water doesnt mean its not working. The water will not be stagnate in the bottom of the fuge, and the water flow does not need to be going all the way to the sandbed, if it did that it would be too much turmoil in the refugium and probably be pushing your macros into the output chamber.

Thnaks alot for your reply, i just want to be sure i am doing things the right way.

I now have 25 gallon total, is it still a NANO ? :P

Archived