Innovative Marine Aquariums

¿Que es esto?

oncorhynchus

After a month and a half or so under the light this red spike that was on a dead monti cap. that I got as a piece of live rock from the sump of a frag tank at a lfs started to flatten out and grow quickly. Is it a montipora that survived? It is about 1/3 of an inch now and is getting noticeably bigger by the day.

DSC00205.jpg

I think it should be "Cual es esto?"

Pero no se a su pregunta

:D

Well it would seem that I am lacking in both coral identification skills and spainish language skills. Fortunately for me, I only speak spainish in Mexico after a few Coronas so at least I think I make sense...

¿Que es esto? = What is this? Is the right way to ask.

Qué? instead of Cuál?

Cuál es esto?= Which is this? Makes no sense since you're not comparing anything.

Back to the subject, I’m almost certain it’s a type of algae you can start by checking this guy out.

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/conditions.html

Good resource and he has like 6-7 different hitchhiker guides.

I'd agree with algae. One of my bits of LR rubble has something similar growing on it.. like a hard, shelf looking bit. I've seen it in the algae ID guides, can't recall it offhand.

I'd agree with algae. One of my bits of LR rubble has something similar growing on it.. like a hard, shelf looking bit. I've seen it in the algae ID guides, can't recall it offhand.

After looking at the link posted above I agree it looks like an algae.

Archived