ReefCleaners.org

leather with algae

fuzzyfroboy

11 days ago i went to the fish store and bought a mushroom leather. its been in my tank for those 11 days and i was expecting it to "blossom". it hasn't and i is getting some algae on it. has anybody ahd similar experiances or does anybody know whats wrong.

info: i have a 12g tank. and i use calcium supliment. also have 2 clown fish and a dancing shrimp

TheCurriculum

You may get a better responce if you put up all of your stats.

Lighting. Water Temp. Salinity, how often you do water changes .. blah blah etc.. Also post a pic as that will usually stir some of the more experienced people on this site.

Couple of things you will most likely get asked.

What was the shape of the leather in at the LFS?

How does the rest of the live stock at that LFS look like?

Are the tanks clear? any dead things floating in the tank etc?

How is the color of the leather? better worse then you got it no change etc....

Common practice people will preach on this and other sites. Visit the LFS multiple times before buying. Find out when thier live stock comes in. How does their live stock look from trip to trip. improvement just looks alright or is stuff dying off etc... If everything doesn't look alright find another if you can blah blah

Good luck with your shroom

sorry about that. my after testing everything. everything is where it should be. my shroom is the same way it was in the lfs. i have bought a lot of things from my lfs. i trust that this coral is fine. that wasn't really the point though. does anybody now if it is dead or this is normal. has anybody ever had this problem?

Archived