Top Shelf Aquatics

New Setup!!! Please Critique!

GoldStripeMaroon

GoldStripeMaroon

Howdy. While I am not new to saltwater (have had a 75 gallon FOWLR for a long time), I have been contemplating the appeal of a nano reef, and thought I would use a minibow 7 or a nanocube, but I decided to go with an all glass geneva bowfront 16 gallon.

This is honestly going to be a simple reef, and maybe 1 tank raised perc if any, but mainly I want to see corals moving in the current.

Here's my setup, and I would like your opinions on it as well as suggestions for placement of my corals in this space, and I will post pics very soon! In the meantime, this forum rocks, thank you for your help!

All Glass 16 Gallon Bowfront Geneva 20x13x18

Coralife 96W Powerquad

CPR Bak Pak skimmer

100W Acura Heater

2 Hagen powerheads (201, 301)

22 lbs. Fiji LR

60 lbs. Aragamax extra fine sand

Using RO water and Reef Crystals for salt mix

Here's what I think I might have room for, but I need help in placement? I have yet to get this corals as my tank is cycling!

Green Star Polyps

Yellow Colony Polyps

Orange Button Polyps

Pulsing Xenia

Feather Dusters (3 Hawaiin)

Cleanup will be seeded from an established tank, and assorted snails, mostly nassarius, margarita, cerith, etc. I am not sure how many I will need though? Any suggestions?

looks good to me. your corals will definatly increase in number and viraity. it is inevitable. also rember that you have to feed your feather dusters phyto plankton, i use dt's/marine snow.

Archived