inTank Media Baskets

$35 - 500 Watt FluoreX Aquarium light

willember

Check out Cosco. They have a similar one, (same exact thing but different company) thats cheaper. I think it was 18 bucks (Cosco out here in Los Angeles.) They also had mirrored reflectors, instead of white.

Here's this light over a 2.5 I'm in the process of setting up. I've yet to find an elegant way to mount it.

2.5gallonnano-small.JPG

The problem is that it's only 6,500k.

tripple6terror

i use a loa 500 watt florex lamp and 2 18wpcs over my 15 gal tall and it works great ......right now i have 2 kinds of acro growing like crazy...did lots of checking around and its by far the best deal for my application ...olny suggestion is to buy some extra bulbs...they break easy and are pretty hard to get a hold of...well in my area anyways....just my 2 cents

Uses 65 watts of electricity but produces 500 watts of light. Wow. We have just discovered an alternative energy source to fossil fuels and nuclear power.

If that puts out any more than a normal 65 watt PC I'll eat my metal halide. And I'm talkin about the bulb, fixture, ballast, and wiring. While its still on.

If you look at the bulb, its a bunch of little PC bulbs on a common socket. There's maybe 4 of them and they're around 16 watts each.

Theclearblue,

I bet you could retro a couple of 13 watt actinic 03's or 50/50's in that fixture. You would just have to mount your ends on the oposite side of the fixtures socked.

This is from a hydroponics thread, but it may have some bearing...

http://www.mid-south.net/pipermail/aquapon...104/003564.html

The final post says that they tried to get seedlings to grow with the light a mere 10 " away and got nothing.

Please keep us posted as to how the lights work out for your nano.

Well,

That report you linked certainly isn't encouraging. I'm wondering if it's even worth retroing in an acitinic or 50/50 would even be worth my time. I may end up just using the fluorex over a fuge and putting a coralife mini over the 2.5

Archived