SaltCritters.com

another Skimmer question

drgolfaholic

Just wondering what to expect with the Tunze skimmer installed in my BC29. Started running it last night. Waking up this morning and saw some white foam in the collection cup. If this is what I should expect?

For those who used the Tunze, do you change the water less frequent? Thanks for sharing.

Could take a while to fine tune air and water height and get broken in. Also depends on bioload of tank. Give it a week and fine tune.

Just put a brand new one in monday afternoon to a freshly cycled tank (CUC only). Tuesday I had very little foam and by the end of the day had a cup full of water. Dialed it back just a bit, and this morning woke up to about an inch of green tea. Very pleased with the progress so far.

Just wondering what to expect with the Tunze skimmer installed in my BC29. Started running it last night. Waking up this morning and saw some white foam in the collection cup. If this is what I should expect?

For those who used the Tunze, do you change the water less frequent? Thanks for sharing.

It usually takes a few days to a week or so to break in. Be very careful not to open up that blue screw (air) early on or you may end up with an overflowing cup of clear water.Only make small adjustments at a time with this skimmer.

IMO a skimmer is not a substitute for water changes. Didn't change my water change schedule of 10-15% per week at all.

makes adjusting the air intake much easier. The biggest thing is to keep the water level constant. It does take a bit to break in.

Still do regular water changes.

Archived