Pod Your Reef

this thread is closed

ericchris

Not to put a damper on this..... But if you'll look at one of N-R's sponsors, Big Al, you can get the mp10es now for $198 with the 10% percent discount to N-R members. And with free shipping is included.

Last I checked EcoTech strictly controls the pricing on these and there is a MAP (minimum advertised price) on this product. So you can not go lower than the price at Big Al's as that is what EcoTech holds all the transaction prices as. Big Al's uses a 10% coupon code that legally gets around this, but that's different than lowering the price.

Crap, I just ordered mine from marine depot and it arrives tonight... :tears:

I know it's too late now, but FYI next time, Marine Depot will price match. ;)

Your statement is very hard to read without punctuation, so if this question is answered somewhere in it, I appologize:

Has EcoTech agreed to this deal already, or are you still in the inquiry phase with them?

Seriously?

Answering my question might bring a lot of interest from people.

it doesnt appear to be closed... see i can post

Don't be a pain

gulfsurfer101

?

edit: I think he is still trying to get in contant with ecotech and has not yet recieved a response from what I read.

Your statement is very hard to read without punctuation, so if this question is answered somewhere in it, I appologize:

Has EcoTech agreed to this deal already, or are you still in the inquiry phase with them?

+1 to the above. I mean if you can get a deal through EcoTech then that would negate any breaking of MAP as it's straight from the supplier.

So did they say no and that's why the thread is closed? I'm confused....

Truthfully and from a business standpoint, I don't see why they wouldn't say no. They get plenty of sales at their rate and it's also bad business to go behind the backs of companies that sell your product and sell it yourself at a discounted rate.

Now we could setup a group buy from some other website as that is at least on topic.

Thanks for the huge FAIL OP. This applies to:

(1) An idea that had known reasons not to work

(2) Acting like a douche when this was pointed out to you

(3) Starting a GB list before you had even done preliminary checking with the company

(4) Spelling

(5) Blowing off reasonable questions

(6) Life...probably

Truthfully and from a business standpoint, I don't see why they wouldn't say no. They get plenty of sales at their rate and it's also bad business to go behind the backs of companies that sell your product and sell it yourself at a discounted rate.

Now we could setup a group buy from some other website as that is at least on topic.

I dont see how that is bad business? Plus It happens all the time. You can buy brand new stuff on Ebay cheaper than a retailer online.

Very good point.

Archived