Top Shelf Aquatics

Ecoxotic Panorama vs Aqua Illuminations

125mph

AI smokes the Panorama fixtures in every way. It's barely a fair comparison.

Well... they both do a good job on coral right? I sort of like the look for the Ecoxotic Panorama more because there aren't gaps between the lights. The cost is a big difference too.

The AI unit is a rolls-royce. The Panorama is a chevy cavalier. Sometimes all you need is a chevy cavalier. If you're putting it over a LPS and softy tank with maybe some SPS at the top then it'll be fine. If you have a deep tank loaded with SPS then you'll want the AI unit. Actually you'll want the AI unit either way, but you won't necessarily need it. What is your application?

The AI unit is a rolls-royce. The Panorama is a chevy cavalier. Sometimes all you need is a chevy cavalier. If you're putting it over a LPS and softy tank with maybe some SPS at the top then it'll be fine. If you have a deep tank loaded with SPS then you'll want the AI unit. Actually you'll want the AI unit either way, but you won't necessarily need it. What is your application?

I see.. I'm just thinking about options for a Solana XL 60 reef cube.

Is the AI overkill?

No. Look for MedRed's Solana XL. The Panorama will be underkill for that depth. You will still have to dial the AI down a bit though.

No. Look for MedRed's Solana XL. The Panorama will be underkill for that depth. You will still have to dial the AI down a bit though.

Gotcha!

Okay, I'm convinced. I'll cross of the panorama and get the AI.

The AI unit is a rolls-royce. The Panorama is a chevy cavalier.

To ellaborate on that a little, the Panorama is a Cavalier with a good working engine, but stuck in second. The AI is a Rolls Royce with a blown V8 and a 6-speed. The AI fixtures has so many more features, and so much more power compared to the Panorama.

Archived