Top Shelf Aquatics

Clown and Royal Gramma, add Firefish?

BitShifter

Started with an 8g tank and moved up to a 20g a month ago. Everything is switched over and checks out fine.

The clown is a transfer from the 8g, and the Royal Gramma was purchased a couple days ago. The Gramma has picked out a spot under and overhang and the two seem to be getting along fine with no issue.

I'd like another fish in the tank, and was considering a Firefish, but wondering how it will fair with the two more aggressive fish?

If not a Firefish, any other suggestions?

My Clown and fire fish love each other, each are total chickens when the other is hiding, but when both are out they hang together for long periods of time.

Firefish should be fine. There is a risk because the gramma was added first but the Royal Gramma isn't overly aggressive.

I agree to this i have a purple firefish a gramma and a pair of clowns and they all get along fine. Grammas get a bad name for some reason but i have had many over the 8 years i have been doing this and NONE of them have been aggressive

Good luck

I agree to this i have a purple firefish a gramma and a pair of clowns and they all get along fine. Grammas get a bad name for some reason but i have had many over the 8 years i have been doing this and NONE of them have been aggressive

Good luck

I would call Royal Grammas "assertive" but not really aggressive. IOW if attacked they can hold their own....maybe thats why some label them as aggressive. I've never had a problem with them and they are a beautiful fish.

Archived