Top Shelf Aquatics

my clown faked his own death and scared me!!

mxpro32

i looked at my tank today and my beloved ocellaris clown was in the back corner of the tank laying lifeless and looking kinda bleached for about 15 seconds. then he just started swimming around like normal and looks perfectly healthy. i sooo thought he was dead. he is eating normally and looks completely healthy now. clowns can be so weird sometimes.

They are wierd, my little clown will swim in front of the powerhead, let it blow him around then swim around the tank and do it again. But he only does it when I come up to the glass.

I used to have a hippo tang in one of my old tanks and I would come home at night and this guy was lying, curled up and pale, in the front of the tank on the sand bed. It would scare the crap out of me but all it was was one of the fish's sleeping spots. Right out in the open and right in full view. Fish are strange.

...to think...some people think that fish don't have personalities! :P My first puffer used to turn pale, curl up and bob at the top of the tank OR turn dark brown, curl up and lie on the floor of the tank. I now know he was doing his impression of floating debris and a rock ~ his nickname was PsychoPhish! :D

the tank with the shrimp babies is my girlfriends. she doesnt have any fish. is it possible to raise the babies? i have a fresh water puffer that does what you were describing too. he is always turning colors and curling up into a ball. cool stories

My old pink skunk clown would do that. He'd lay flat on his side on a meat coral and look completely dead.

The next clown I get that does this will be named Harold (for those of you who've seen Harold and Maude) :P

Archived