Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

28 jbj nano LED set-up

jkaese

Ok so Iam considering getting the jbj 28 LED nano-tank any issue anyone has seen with this model? Why is there alot of posts about LED upgrades dose this mean someone has a different setup without LEDS it's alittal confusing. How is the shimmer effect in this model compared to a HQi model? Anything I should buy along with the model that any of you would suggest?

I think they are great tanks. Some people buy upgrade kits from nano-tuners or nano customs. The only the bad thing about the hqi's is that they heat up the tank because the light is about 5" from the water.

I think LED's are best lighting choice for biocubes.

A lot of people do these mods

1. Replace the stock return pump with a Maxi Jet

2. Add a Media Basket

3. Add Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen and filter floss (100% polyester filter floss works fine).

And if you have the extra cash...The Tunze 9002 Skimmer is a great choice with the skinny cup.

I hope this helps.

I think they are great tanks. Some people buy upgrade kits from nano-tuners or nano customs. The only the bad thing about the hqi's is that they heat up the tank because the light is about 5" from the water.

I think LED's are best lighting choice for biocubes.

A lot of people do these mods

1. Replace the stock return pump with a Maxi Jet

2. Add a Media Basket

3. Add Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen and filter floss (100% polyester filter floss works fine).

And if you have the extra cash...The Tunze 9002 Skimmer is a great choice with the skinny cup.

I hope this helps.

How is the shimmer effect with the LED is it comparable to the HQi?? I love the way that looks +1 to the skimmer it's too badd it dosnt come with one.

Archived