Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Show off your breeding setups

dylan1464

• 3 weeks later...
few quick shots of my little setup. custom acrylic 4 chamber 44g tank all black sides and dividers and with each their own overflow and return.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

20g divided up top.

IMG_0489.jpg

Nice setup! I like it! Looks very compact, can you get pics of the back with all the plumbing or can you describe it? Really curiou

Thanks!

thanks you both.

i did alot of planning to get it compact and nice as i could. i didnt want to fall into the trap of adding a ton of tanks all over and not have them together. sorry for saying some of the other breeders are messy, hehe

i planned my system before i bought any pairs i seen and asked other how theirs were, an also asked what they would do different or change and i took the advice and made a single chambered tank. its aboiut 41 to 44g and i happy with it. i am getting another tank soon hopefully so i can keep my 8 pairs together and happy. I am gonna remove my blue stripes and my lats from these tanks and give them a bigger tank. i feel bad they are 6" and big fish and they deserve more room. so i am gonna get them a 20t tank or better yet a 29g tank. just working out the lighting part on that one.

mini, all it is is each chamber acts like a sperate tank with its own overflow and return line. nothing fancy, and i wish i could take a pic, but its against the wall.

i have a QT system with a 40b and a 20g tank divided into 2 sections. i use the 40b as my rbta tank, as i am gonna cultivate them. i will try to cut a few in half and prop them like colby88. but only a few and not the frequency he is doing it. i just want a dozen or 2 of a few different color nems. nothing special.

• 1 month later...
Come cooks. Ill put my pics up if u put up urs

I usually play this game with girls and they usually get disappointed. :huh:

you first.

Alpha Aquaculture

I started designing my setup after a friend sent me some links to other fish breeding setups.

These are the setups I studied

FishBreedingSetup1-FuElsgrowoutsystem.jpg

FishBreedingSetup2-Kmiec123fishbreedingroom.jpg

FishBreedingSetup3-PaulGsBroodstocktanks.jpg

FishBreedingSetup4-captainofAustraliasbreedingsetup.jpg

FishBreedingSetup5-captainofAustraliasfirstclutch.jpg

FishBreedingSetup6-fishtalsfishroom.jpg

FishBreedingSetup7-fishtalsgrowout.jpg

FishBreedingSetup8-jolsonsbreedingproject.jpg

Based on these pictures, a few drawings later I came up with this design

001-10.jpg

Here are some pics of it. Its almost totally built.

6-24-2011-002_edited-1.jpg

6-24-2011-003_edited-1.jpg

6-24-2011-005_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-015_edited-1.jpg

6-30-2011-004_edited-1.jpg

Enjoy!

Alpha Aquaculture
Dude Alphacoral u are amazing! nice setup bro! make me wanna try it someday!

Thanks! If you want to try it you should go for it. You can setup some tanks very cheap and all you have to do is dial in a few things and feed your fish a lot :) I decided all of this on a whim and everyday I get more stoked that my fish will lay eggs soon! Be sure to show off your setup here if you do go for it.

Alpha Aquaculture
Hey on the set up with blue plumbing. Why is there differnt sumps

for the brood and grow tanks?

That is an aspect I incorporated into my design. The tanks are divided up into two seperate systems with two seperate sumps. I'm planning for some broodstock and growout in each system. By breaking it up into two systems it reduces the chances that disease will hit all your fish. With two systems if disease breaks out in a tank it will only spread to 10 tanks not 20. This is especially important for the broodstock. To lose all your broodstock in a pump or heater failure would be devastating. Not that losing half your broodstock wouldn't be devastating but at least you got some left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Blast from the past.....bump it up ttt.

I've been wanting to try something other than reefs and fowlr systems. Looking at some of these set ups makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. I have been reading and reading, definitely something I want to have a go at but w a single pair to start and maybe a second pair after I figure out what I'm doing and how to be sucessful.

I'm currently attempting to plan a system out and trying to wrap my head around how many tanks and plumbing them all together.

Anyone have and links, advise, do's and dont's?

Archived