Coral Vue Hydros

12g nano cube (at 2 months)

nano cool

nano-3-21-04.jpg

This tank has been running for 2 months. Still waiting for the coral to grow in. The purple coraline algae has started taking off in the past couple of weeks, and is starting to grow on the back of the aquarium as well. Unfortunately I do not have any brightly coloured soft coral, which would help provide more contrast to the aquarium. :|

Front (L to R): candy cane coral (rescued from LFS, and is slowly recovering), and finger leather

Middle (L to R): bubble coral, some mushrooms (also some baby mushrooms that came with as hitchhikers on the live rock)

Back (L to R): purple gorgonian, small patch of GPS, kenya tree, yellow polyps, another small patch of star polyps.

-Approx 16 lb live rock + aragonite sand

-Inhabitants: 1 false ocellaris, 4 astrea snails, 2 blue legged hermits, 2 scarlet hermits, variety of small feather dusters

-Equipment: 12g nano cube, PC lighting (stock 24W + CSL retrofit 32W + 13 W retrofit), carbon & phosguard filter media, power head, 50W heater, no skimmer.

-Chemistry: pH 8.2, ammonia/nitrite/nitrate 0, calcium 375 ppm, alkalinity 2.8-3 mEq.

-top up with deionized water every 3-4 days, and replace 1 gallon of tank water every week.

Awesome tank i have a 15g ViaAqua tank right now my next project is gonna be a nano cube. I love the cleaness of them. If i may make a suggestion. YOur candy cane i would move it to the top left shelf of your tank. I had a candy cane placed low in my tank. I moved it up to the top closer to the light and it grew another head fast. ITs a LPS they like more light it will recover very fast. ITs up to you you can keep it where you want thats just my experience. But great tank. Are you running the stock 24 watts. ITs enough light for a solide starte. YOu can just add another 32 watts if even needed if you want more LPS. BUt very ncie tank B)

Archived