Coral Vue Hydros

copperband butterfly help

bonomo53

i bought a copperband butterfly 2 days ago before i bought him i made sure he was eating and he was eating frozen mysis. He seems to be fine hes swimming around and picking at my live rock eating all of my fan worms but he wont eat any mysis or brine i also tried feeding him a clam on the half shell and he went right up to it and just looked at it then swam away should i be worried about him or should i just give him some more time to adjust to my tank. I also read somewhere that if he was netted he will die is this true?

Never heard of the netting thing. Sounds like complete crap to me. How do you think they are collected?

I'd give it a couple of days before I would worry about it. They are difficult. Clams seem to be the best from what I have read. If it doesn't take some by tomorrow, try cutting that clam up in smaller bits.

They usually take a while to start eating.

IMO this is a fish that has to be quarantined. They need time to get eating on their own as they're really skittish at first.

ok thanks i will try some bloodworms tm i herd they like those too

if you have aptasia he might just be cleaning those guys out and not real hungry mine didn't eat much until i noticed all my apatasia were gone then he started eating. Then one day I got up and he was stuck to the side of my vortech really odd as i have not lost any other fish. I guess they just are that finicky good luck though.

I have found the best way to feed them, almost no matter what you choose, formula one or two, frozen or live worms of clams, brine and mysis, is to smash the food into a rock or small coral skeleton and tie a thread to the rock and find a place to drop it in, start with a small amount and leave it there, he will eventually realize the food source is consistently present, which makes me wonder what other kind of fish, if any, do you have. Until acclimated, these are not very aggressive feeders, so competition could be an issue.

But I have never seen them last in home aquariums for very long, they may, but I haven't seen any.

did my normal feeding routine yesterday and he just started eating mysis.. the only other fish i have are a royal gramma, dispar anthasis,scooter blenny, long nose hawk and a saddle back clown there all pretty small except the saddle back but hes not really aggressive

Archived