inTank Media Baskets

What type of lighting for this canopy? pics

M.N88

Hey,

So im currently finishing up my canopy (ies) for my terrariums and aquariums; but am still undecided for what i'lll be using. I WAS going to go MH, but with the top of the canopy being only 5 inches from the waters surface, i dont think it will work out.

So, if anyone has ideas of good lighting for my canopy, it would be appreciated. Ive been thinking of going like 4x 65W?

Basic skeleton outline of canopy. (i drew schematics before, but misplaced them)

MVC-021F.JPG

MVC-022F.JPG

You can see where the edges will be to be mounted onto the aquarium, and aded the top wall. You can also see theres a hole. Ill explain that in a second.

MVC-023F.JPG

MVC-024F.JPG

I'll be painting the whole thing black...

01.jpg

Onto the aquarium. Fits perfect, and no shifting.

Under..

MVC-026F.JPG

Im going to add a door into there, and install a lock and hinge to the canopy. The door will open up, and close down without removing it.

Therefore making it easy for maintenance.

MVC-029F.JPG

Will 4 65's be enough for sustaining SPS corals? Opinions? BTW- the aquarium is 20 gallons (24L x 12W x 16H). Hood is 25L x 13W x 5H.

Thanks.

M.N

Err. Well, ive concluded that 4x 65/55's probably wont fit in this canopy, so ive decided to use 2x55W with 2x small 13W CF's on the side (coiled ones). Plus, ive tucked in a small 18" NO Flourescent on the bottom, just for the hell of it (I had all the supplies and ballast ready anyway from an old aquarium; didnt want it to go to waste). The 13W's and NO (plus a small fan with heat sink) is already installed, and works great. Just waiting the get the 55's...

So, opinions? Good for SPS?

Anyone..

light.JPG

Archived