SaltCritters.com

ADA 45-f best light option? Help Please!

partyinyourhonor

partyinyourhonor

Hey all,

I need some advice if you have a moment. I Just ordered an ADA 45-f bookshelf style aquarium

(18in X 9.5in X 6in) and need lighting.

I am thinking of ordering a Current Extreme T5.

It is 18" and I am pretty sure I will be able to grow almost anything, if not all things, since the tank is not deep... and everything will be very close to the bulbs.

I am open to other options though... LED, halide, or even PC...

Any thoughts, advice... would be a great help.

if youd be willing to wait longer i would wait for nanotuners to release the MR16 bulbs if you dont want too much light spill i bet 2 of those would be perfect for a tank that size although i would wait for evils PAR plots before deciding on how many youd need

Looks like everyone else was suggesting options based on the dimensions you listed, which are wrong. You missed a 1, so the actual dimensions are 18"x9.5"x6", give or take.

Based on your original question, the 18" Nova would work quite well. If you want to go LED, 6 LEDs like redfishsc suggested. Just keep them in a single line down the middle. I typically like to have a minimum of two rows for color blending purposes, but a single row can work too. If you want to try PAR3X type lamps, then you would need two with as wide a lense angle as you can get.

partyinyourhonor

Sorry about the measurement omission... cut and paste mishap. I am liking the six led idea... I have no experience so I will start by reading Evil's LED's thread...

The Nova extreme option is still on the table... it's really affordable... however, the tank will be in my office so I would like a near silent light and the nova extreme has a fan, and on my hexagon I have the NEP and hate the fact that there are so few 18w bulbs to choose from out there...

Archived