Jump to content

what could this be?


Vinny B

Recommended Posts

hello, new here on NR but not to reefing, i recently set up a 20L nano and its going through its cycle. i got some cured live rock from the LFS. now i thought i had some coralline algae already growing on the back glass as it looked identical to some, but the next morning i turn on the lights and it was gone :o as i looked around for it or any other possible growths. i see that it has moved to the front of the glass. i did some research but could not find much, looks like a massive amoeba ( penny sized)...i was wondering if this were reef safe er not...any one else have experience with this or should i flush it? any help would be appreciated

Link to comment
pictures would sure help

 

i would be more than happy to supply pictures but i cant get a good one of it . it is in a spot were it can not be photographed. alls im sayin is it looks identical to coralline algae but moves like an amoeba

Link to comment
i would be more than happy to supply pictures but i cant get a good one of it . it is in a spot were it can not be photographed. alls im sayin is it looks identical to coralline algae but moves like an amoeba

 

Probably a flat worm......the purple kind can be coral eaters.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...