Pod Your Reef

Let's play "what is this?"

Singulari

My 5G refugium finally finished cycling and I just finished setting it up. It's just a 5G clear rubermaid container with a 27W LOA fixture, mini-jet 402 to pump water into the refugium and it overflows back into the main tank. Thanks everyone for the ideas.

So I now I’m staring at LR chunks that have been cycling with the refugium and I’m seeing some stuff that I can’t identify. Sorry but my camera sucks so I can’t post any pics. But I have three things I would love to know what they are.

1. A hard orange ball about the size of a pea. does not move.

2. Some red hair like patches that look like red nylon bristles, you know like a scrub brush.

3. A grey semi-transparent tube about the size of an airline tube, with both ends embedded in the rock. It appears to be alive because what I took it out of the water it shriveled up and a few minutes after I put it back it re-inflated.

First off, stop taking rock from the waters outside of nuclear power plants. Then you won't find odd things in them.

1. Ball Sponge?

2. some form of macro algae?

3. not sure how big airline tubing is but your critter might be some kind of tube worm.

Archived