Innovative Marine Aquariums

20" Sunpod MH

mlglunchbox

Hi all,

I just got my 20" Sunpod fixture today and got it all setup. I purchased it on ebay "new" but it looks to be gently used. I put a brand new 14k phoenix bulb in it and turned it on and it looked great, much butter than my t5 fixture. After setting it up, I went to my LFS to pick up a better timer. When I got home and unplugged the sunpod and plugged it into the new timer, the light didnt come on. The fixture was working because the fans were running and the LED lights worked. I flipped the switch off and waited a few minutes and it fired up again. Im wondering whether this is something normal when using MH? Im new to MH so I do not know whether they can be turned on/off in a short period of time, or whether they need a cool-off period when turned off. Or perhaps there could be an issue with the ballast? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi all,

I just got my 20" Sunpod fixture today and got it all setup. I purchased it on ebay "new" but it looks to be gently used. I put a brand new 14k phoenix bulb in it and turned it on and it looked great, much butter than my t5 fixture. After setting it up, I went to my LFS to pick up a better timer. When I got home and unplugged the sunpod and plugged it into the new timer, the light didnt come on. The fixture was working because the fans were running and the LED lights worked. I flipped the switch off and waited a few minutes and it fired up again. Im wondering whether this is something normal when using MH? Im new to MH so I do not know whether they can be turned on/off in a short period of time, or whether they need a cool-off period when turned off. Or perhaps there could be an issue with the ballast? Any help would be appreciated!

Normal.MH will not restart immediately after turning off like other lighting.

Hi all,

They need a cool down period. Leave it off for 10-15 mins and turn it back on.

Archived