Top Shelf Aquatics

how to get holy *&%# awesome color from Zoa's?

malawian

Turn off lights, turn on blue led moonlights. Or if you have an LED setup with dimmers, turn off white.

But really, moving closer to the 20k spectrum will bring out more color in all your coral. If you have just 50/50 PC lighting and its not cutting it, you could supplement some high quality blue LED's.

In the end though, if they are looking dull and bleached, its not always your color temp, they could be just dull and bleached. There are many things that could cause them to look bleached.

- Too much light and they are pissed

- Old lights that need to be replaced

- Poor water quality

- Or you just have some ugly zoos

Turn off lights, turn on blue led moonlights. Or if you have an LED setup with dimmers, turn off white.

But really, moving closer to the 20k spectrum will bring out more color in all your coral. If you have just 50/50 PC lighting and its not cutting it, you could supplement some high quality blue LED's.

In the end though, if they are looking dull and bleached, its not always your color temp, they could be just dull and bleached. There are many things that could cause them to look bleached.

- Too much light and they are pissed

- Old lights that need to be replaced

- Poor water quality

- Or you just have some ugly zoos

ok so in my case i know theyre a little ugly :P lol

but since im replacing lights I want to make sure Im going to get the best color possible from my corals, espeically Zoas

so if going towards 20k is ideal then would 16 RB and 8 NW LEDs get me pretty nice color?

burtbollinger

I try to make sure my zoas only get @ 6-7 hrs a day of light...IME, anything more causes less color. this may be my imagination though...

I try to make sure my zoas only get @ 6-7 hrs a day of light...IME, anything more causes less color. this may be my imagination though...

Interesting never thought about too much light fading out the colors

Archived