SaltCritters.com

reef bugs

Funktastic Wint

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I used it before and I HATED it, I had a HUGE algae outbreak AND I saw ZERO DIFFERENCE in my corals health,color or polyp extension....

Dont use it, just use your normal chemicals...If you reallly want food for your coral use the oyster eggs

Here are 2 of my favorite products.

Reef Frenzy is a super concentrated food that corals love. The special thing about this is that this is not a frozen product. So you don't have to store it in the freezer but can put it on your shelf. It comes in a small size but is tremendously concentrated. A little pricey but worth it.

Here is the ingredients for Coral Frenzy:

CORAL FRENZY CONTAINS: Fish Protein, Oyster Larvae, Salmon Roe, Dunaliella salina, Schizochytrium, Rotifers, Copepods, Daphnia, Spirulina, & Haematococcus Pluvialis.

Another product for corals is Rod's Original blend. This is a frozen food that the corals go crazy over. When purchasing this make sure you get the original blend because that is the favorite of corals. This is another pricey food. When you read the ingredients you will notice it's like a "who's who".

Here is the blurb on Rod's original ingrediants:

Shrimp, Scallop, Oyster, Clam, Squid, Octopus, Perch, Green Nori (porphyra sp), Red unroasted nori (porphyra sp) Mysis, Krill, Pacific plankton (Euphausia sp.) Brine shrimp, Frozen red cyclops, Fish eggs, Oyster eggs, Golden pearls (all sizes), Broccoli, carrot, Garlic, Selco, Astaxanthin (Haematococcus pluvialis), Beta-meal (Dunalliella Salina), Freshly harvested rotifers, freshly hatched baby brine shrimp.

You will find that both products make the LPS really puff up with happiness.

Hope this helps.

Archived