Coral Vue Hydros

Switching from fresh to salt

will25u

I had a 28g salt set up a while ago, but I tore it down before I deployed. I came back and set up a freshwater because my wife had one growing up and she loved it. However, now that we experienced a saltwater tank we really miss it and and to change.

I've got the Nano Cube 28g CF tank. Is there anything I can save from the freshwater tank (other than the Lava Rock)? Do I need to buy all new filter media and what are the requirements for cleaning this tank to get it salt-ready? Are there any mods I should do when I have it completely empty?

I know it's not possible, but it would be super if I could just mix in some salt mix and it be ready to go!

CoralWhisperer

Dont use the stuff from your FW tank except the tank itself(cleaned with bleach), imo it will cause you problems.

And READ READ READ before you start spending money . . .

Dont use the stuff from your FW tank except the tank itself(cleaned with bleach), imo it will cause you problems.

And READ READ READ before you start spending money . . .

Especially if you have ever treated with copper based meds. This could also happen to the lava rocks you are planning on using

Especially if you have ever treated with copper based meds. This could also happen to the lava rocks you are planning on using

I never used copper-based medication.

The lava rock is perfect for the fish to hide in because of the holes. That's why I was planning to keep it. Is there a way to make it safe for the saltwater set-up?

Archived