Pod Your Reef

Upgrading and I need your help!

jarred1

I have run out of room in my 10g tank and I would like to upgrade to a 20g high tank. i am going to have to add a few more pounds of rock and was wondering what would happen if i added dry rock instead of live rock, would it cause the tank to cycle again? also would i be able to use the sand in the tank already set up or would i have to buy new sand? i have corals and would like for everything to live through the transition, so i would like to know how you have upgraded and how your corals handled it.

now for the equipment:

Light: DIY 48w LEDs

Filter: AquaClear 70

Powerheads: koralia 1 and koralia evo (750 gph)

Heater: need suggestions

let me know if you see anything missing from the list or if you think i should change anything from the list. also i would like to know how you guys hold your rocks together like what kind of epoxy and where you can buy it.

thanks for any help!

You won't have another cycle by using dry rock. Rinse it first though because it is usually pretty dusty. I had a 750, in my 25 and there was about only 1 direction I could aim it without ####### something off or moving sand around. I would consider toning that one down a bit, unless you already own it.

Archived