SaltCritters.com

Difference of Color of a rose BTA under T5 lighting?

Aqua newbie

Does any one know if there is a significant color difference between RBTA under T5s and RBTA under MH lighting?

Also any LFS in Orange county currently selling BTAs? (red or green)

danthenewreefman
Does any one know if there is a significant color difference between RBTA under T5s and RBTA under MH lighting?

Also any LFS in Orange county currently selling BTAs? (red or green)

type of light source won't change color -- spectrum & intensity will.

for example -- under 10k MH at LFS i bought a brown with green striped mushroom.

under my T5 20k lights it is a green base color with NEON green stripes.

crazy. I didn't know wtf was going on.

I have T-5s and I'm just worried that i might waste money buying a RBTA and it looking brown under my T-5s.

I have MH and an anemone I love MH, but in my experince T5s bring out better color. All is releative though. If you have only white T5s and are comparing it to 20k MH the halide will look nicer but if your comparing apples to apples T5s produce better color imo.

what type of bulbs in your t5? if you have some blues it will look good. if only whites than it will look brown.

my lfs uses 10k halides so nothing looks the same there as it does in my tank.

My RBTA's are all under T5's and they hold their color just fine.

I'm using a 5 bulb T5 unit over a 20g H.

In another tank I'm using a smaller 2 bulb fishneedit fixture and the nems in that tank are doing just as well.

Thanks guys. I previously had PCs and was very disappointed when I bought green or red corals at my LFS and they turned out looking brown under PCs. Then I switched to T5s. Hopefully I'll see no change! :)

I just got a rose today and the thing is awesomely red. My lights are 14000k MH with no actinic and it still looked fantastic. Looked a nice red in the sun too. I looked at it outside while it was in the bag. These things are more of an actual red instead of a brown that just looks red in actinic. I can only imagine this would look fantastic under T5 with good actinics.

• 2 weeks later...

Look best under T5/MH combo IMO but that's what I have so I'm biased. I have 3 ATI Blue+, 1 ATI Purple+, and one phoenix 14000k MH.

Seaside in HB has plenty of RBTAs.

It will look great under t5's. My avatar is a pic of my rbta that I've had in my tank for about 7 months.

Archived