Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Best RO/DI units?

cms90740

any brands or models you have experience with that you'd recommend? or discourage? in the market for a unit and i'm not sure about what to buy or where to buy it.

qwiksilver711
any brands or models you have experience with that you'd recommend? or discourage? in the market for a unit and i'm not sure about what to buy or where to buy it.

there is a group buy coming up for bulk reef supply, and they sell decent units from what I have heard, I plan on buying one here during the group buy so i get a decent discount

• 2 weeks later...

ive heard that The Filter Guys... a sponsor here that you might see at the top right of your screen, is a good one. I think when i get mine i will go with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a generic demo model. It costs about 100 bucks for a 24gpd and compares to the coralife..... 3 stage (osmosis, carbon, di) accomplishing the same goals.

Buckeye Field Supply has great deals on very nice RO/DI units. I recently bought their premium 100gpd unit and I'm very happy with it. It also comes with a hand held TDS meter. With shipping it was only $177.

Love my Spectrapure ProPlus RO/DI. Have had it for over a year now and it works great. The Spectrapure brand is one of the best on the market because of the types of membranes and DI resins they use. Here's a link to their sale page: http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-appreciation.html

+1 this unit is relatively inexpensive and works AMAZINGLY!!

ThemadReefer
Another SpectraPure vote here. I have the 90 gpd Pro-Plus.

me too!!

great unit for the price

i bought the 75gpd unit from BRS and i upgraded to 150gph using their upgrade kit. cant beat getting 150gph for under $175.

Spectrapure CSPDI 90gpd here. I think I paid 150 when they had a sale. Around $100 off the normal price

+1 i got mine for 199.99 they have it on sale right now.. the thing just is pure awesome :)

Spectrapure MaxCap system for me.

The MaxCap is b!tching a total rock star from mars, and it's so insane that it doesn't output 0 TDS water, it outputs tiger blood!

AZDesertRat

Yes there is a difference and its Spectrapure for me also.

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-...eciation.html#1

No other vendor I am aware of starts out with absolute rated prefilters to do the best job of protecting the more expensive and important carbon block, which allows you to use one and not two carbons. Next they treat and test all their RO membranes, either individually like with the MaxCap systems or batch tested like the CSPDI systems to improve their performance and finally they custom blend all their DI resins in house for peak performance unlike any other. Add to that things like a capillary tube flow restrictor which you adjust to your exact conditions unlike the fixed type that are never exact, pressure gauges and TDS meters and you have the ultimate system with the lowest cost of ownership guaranteed.

ColorMeBlue

I'll just chime in that the Spectrapure folks are also very helpful. They answered questions I had last year even when I hadn't yet chosen a system. I just ordered mine a few weeks ago right during their system crash, unfortunately. But when I asked today what was up they were very helpful and responsive, despite being really really backlogged at the moment. So kudos to them. I'm looking forward to getting my RODI system, and my brother's been using them for years and has been very happy.

• 6 months later...

I love my Spectrapure. Last year I had a problem, sent it to them, and they fixed it for almost nothing. Love their tech support.

I had originally purchased a competing product and it leaked "right out of the box".

• 1 month later...

Archived