Coral Vue Hydros

Fungia

GiantBen

Got this guy in the mail today. Very little water in the bag. Looks kinda rough to me, but I have nee had one before. What do you guys think?

2ce67ec9.jpg

3cc96aba.jpg

These guys are tough even if it starts to die do not toss it. I had a fugia several years ago start to die (died back 90%) and formed isolated colonies. These colonies poped off a plate about once every 6 months and at the peak was putting out a new plate every 3 weeks. I think you are ok though because there is some testicle extension and there doesnt seem to be much mechanical damage.

These guys are tough even if it starts to die do not toss it. I had a fugia several years ago start to die (died back 90%) and formed isolated colonies. These colonies poped off a plate about once every 6 months and at the peak was putting out a new plate every 3 weeks. I think you are ok though because there is some testicle extension and there doesnt seem to be much mechanical damage.

^Testicle extension :D :D :D

He should be fine, just give him some time.

thesmallerthebetter
I think you are ok though because there is some testicle extension and there doesnt seem to be much mechanical damage.

thats what the nurse said to me when i took a bat to the nads....

I agree with all of the above. If you have lugols iodine or another coral protectant type dip, I would dip it to prevent bacterial infection. Otherwise just leave it alone and give it some time. Feed is some mysis (or any food really) with the powerheads off for a bit

Thanks guys. I put some mysis on it, but my clown, psuedohromis and cleaner shrimp stole most of it. We'll see where it is at in a few days.

Archived