Cultivated Reef

Can I breed a Picasso percula and a Black Ocellaris clownfish?

US Marine Coral

Yes you can. Sanjay's Black Photons are probably the most famous Percula/ Ocellaris crosses. Those however are Black Onyx Percs crossed with Black Ocellaris clownfish. Be prepared for a very small number of the offspring to be picasso type. If you have access to them you might try S'more ocellaris clowns. They have genes from black ocellaris and snowflake ocellaris in them. The snowflake and picasso genes might be similar so you might end up with a higher yield of funky clowns that way. Just a theory. Good luck though and post pictures of it if you get them working!

US Marine Coral
Yes you can. Sanjay's Black Photons are probably the most famous Percula/ Ocellaris crosses. Those however are Black Onyx Percs crossed with Black Ocellaris clownfish. Be prepared for a very small number of the offspring to be picasso type. If you have access to them you might try S'more ocellaris clowns. They have genes from black ocellaris and snowflake ocellaris in them. The snowflake and picasso genes might be similar so you might end up with a higher yield of funky clowns that way. Just a theory. Good luck though and post pictures of it if you get them working!

Thanks for the advice. Which ones do you think I should pair up and does it matter which one is the male or female in the pairs?

You know I’m glad people its trying to reproduce their own fish and hybrids as well. I got a hybrid idea of my own that I’m keeping to myself until I got something to report. Good luck!

US Marine Coral
You know I’m glad people its trying to reproduce their own fish and hybrids as well. I got a hybrid idea of my own that I’m keeping to myself until I got something to report. Good luck!

Nice! What are those tow beauties?

i have a pair of sanjays that lays eggs...very rare clowns

i am working on the same combo right now

DSC_0177.jpg

wow nice combo!

US Marine Coral

Can you post a pic of the Sanjay pair? Would love to see what they look like.

Thanks

i have a pair of sanjays that lays eggs...very rare clowns

wow nice combo!

that would be really cool, however when you cross species of any animal like that, you get sterilty problems in the offspring. Just so you know, if that affects the amount of money you can sell them fo!!

anywy good look!!

that would be really cool, however when you cross species of any animal like that, you get sterilty problems in the offspring. Just so you know, if that affects the amount of money you can sell them fo!!

anywy good look!!

Are you sure about this?

Archived