ReefCleaners.org

Why does my clown fish kick up sand ?

prox2332

For a long while now my maroon clown would brush out sand with his tail like sweeping his area, it's getting really frustrating with this guy he is covering part of my plate and brain and makes the tank so cloudy. Any idea why he does this ? I have three other fish in their a yellow tail damsel which is so peaceful and a goby and a coral beauty they all semm to be happy together. Thanks.

Well it is next to LR and corals, but "It" has a sybioutic relationship with my yellow flower pot and it only fans away the sand around that little area it's almost like he or she is keepng away any debris and keeping the area clean for the flower pot.

You may have just answered your own question. Clowns can have really strange behavior sometimes. You do a search on here and at the clown forum on reefcentral nad you will get tons of strange behavior.

Chalk it up to an active fish. If she causes too many probs with the surrounding corals can you move them? Or maybe move her?

My wife was reading one of the books I have, either Scott Micheals or Con marine aquarist, anyway, one of them said the yellow maroon clown will actually spit sand/gravel at people. Thought that was funny :)

Archived