Top Shelf Aquatics

MP10 on a shallow tank

rfalk

I am thinking of setting up a tank with dimensions (L x W x H) 24"x24"x8" acrylic tank (17 gallons I believe) I have sitting around. I want to put sand it in and don't want the sand kicking around so would an MP10 work well on an acrylic tank this size with sand?

I am thinking of setting up a tank with dimensions (L x W x H) 24"x24"x8" acrylic tank (17 gallons I believe) I have sitting around. I want to put sand it in and don't want the sand kicking around so would an MP10 work well on an acrylic tank this size with sand?

You could always turn the setting lower or if it kicks up sand put a flat rock under the the mp10 on the sand.

I have an MP10 in a 12 inch high tank, with an inch of sand. The MP10 is on reef crescent mode at about medium power. The trick is that you will need to place the MP10 in the upper part of the glass. I have it about three inches from the surface. Anything lower than that and I would be forced to lower the power setting in order not to have a sand storm in the tank. Good luck!

I have an MP10 in a 12 inch high tank, with an inch of sand. The MP10 is on reef crescent mode at about medium power. The trick is that you will need to place the MP10 in the upper part of the glass. I have it about three inches from the surface. Anything lower than that and I would be forced to lower the power setting in order not to have a sand storm in the tank. Good luck!

Thanks for the info guys! Because my tank is going to be 4 inches shorter than yours do you think putting it at a lower speed would negate the benefits of the MP10?

Flying_Hellfish
negate them? not at all. you'll still be able to tailor just the right amount of flow to work for your tank at random intervals.

^^ This

The biggest strength of the MP10 is the ability do so much customization to the flow. I'm still getting mine fine tuned but it is great.

Archived