inTank Media Baskets

Bicolor Blenny!

Blinkgyrl2987

Blinkgyrl2987

Hey Everyone!

I was wondering if you can do me a favor and post any pictures you have of your Bicolor blenny....as well as how long you've had it... what it eats and where it likes to live/ perch itself most of the time.

I am seriously condering this fish for my nano cube after seeing two of them this weekend at my LFS... These guys were so fun to watch! Any experiences you've had with them are wlecome! I would just like lots of neat information. thanks a lot Megan~~~~

Ive only had my bicolor for 2 weeks but he is very entertaining he eats everything including macroalgae, formula two pellets w/garlic, mostly frozen or live brine and hair algae and stuff off of the rocks. I think i have seen him eat copepods too. he does seem to go poop more often with him and my clown in my nano cube i do more frequent water changes.

here are the pics

• 2 weeks later...

I have had mine for a month and I love him! He eats brine shrimp like mad and seems to nip at the algae growing on the back of the tank and rocks. He hangs out under my GSP and in a couple little caves in the rocks.

Definately get one!

horsehunter

Great fish mine is about 6 months in the tank now and eats Nutrafin Spirulina Algae Flake & Formula One Flake as well as algae in the tank when I had it.

Blinkgyrl2987

cool cool.. Okay guys I think you convinced me into getting a bicolor blenny! I am so excited ....I will get it this weekend probably and then let you guys know how things go! Thanks A lot.

Megan~

Is there any difference between males and females?.. so I can tell them apart..... I saw one at the fish store that was a lighter blue at the front instead of dark blue.... he seemed to be very active and everything, and I was wondering if this is normal? Has anyone else seen different colorations?

Archived