Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 5 gallon

Optimus-JD

Here is my 5 with my home made stand and canopy.

Before I made it a reef.

tank.jpg

After

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

It has a AC mini, 2 powerheads, micro bubbler, around 7 pounds of live sand, little under 8 pounds of Live rock. The back is painted black. Mushrooms, hermits, snails, couple of other softies, and a reef rat. Been up for about 6 months after moving it from an Eclipse Hex5.

Oh and I have no idea what kind of worm I have in the center of the tank. At night he stretches his plumes out about 4 inches. The moonlights make his green center glow. Anyone know what he is? The LFS ddin't know either. Sold him to me for 2 bucks.

Thanks. 2 screw-in PCs. My moonlights are Blue superbrite screw-in License Tag L.E.D.s. Also a cooling fan in the back of the canopy hooked up to a thermostat that I threw together to regulate it.

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

Yep, that's a cerianthid anemone in the middle. Nice deal! Lucky you, it looks nice. You might want to do a search on their care and see what other people feed them...I'm pretty sure they're non-photosynthetic and depend on solid foods to live despite those bright colors. Some can also pack a nasty sting. Still, a handsome animal and great if you won't be keeping any fish.

you run an air stone in the background like that

You must get horrible salt creep

Airstone? ??? Where at? I don't see one, and I've never heard "airstones give you worser salt creep". Looks like the water from his filter just making a 'deep impact'.

Anyways nice tank Optimus-JD. ;)

Originally posted by OneOfDaZZZ

you run an air stone in the background like that?

You must get horrible salt creep

It's actually more in the middle on the left side and no, I don't have any worse of a problem with salt creep than I do without the air. It's very small bubbles anyway and it helps break up the surface.

Archived