Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cool beaded Shroom?

sschuler

ok searching for better pics it is probably not inchoata, but most likely Rhodactis sp. or possibly even Actinodiscus sp. according to liveaquaria.com, but then again one of the pictures they are showing for Rhodactis indosinensis is actually Ricordia yuma.

After doing some more searches nobody (retailers) can decide on one name for any one specific shroom. so I am going to change my answer, this maybe a long shot here, a shroom. I am still staying with not ricordia.

Rhodactis inchoata, Rhodactis sp., Tonga Mushrooms, Bullseye Mushrooms... you lucy bastard!!! very nice looking too! how many do you have?

here are mine.

Well, I had 3, but I just fragged one of them. They are sooooo easy to frag. You just cut em like a pizza. Each section has to have part of the mouth. It has been 3 days and I already have new mouths!

HELL YEAH! Looks almost identical, except the tentacles that are glowing green on yours are the same colors as the rest of it and there is green on the main surface. I would definately say it looks like mine. Does yours fold up in the night? What is it?

matt the fiddler

well. it is hard to tell. [especially from a blurry pic] color variations can mean a lot.. mine is a mushroom from fiji- not sure species exactly. i know mine is a little more towards the rare side than the common.. but not extremly rare... aquried it from a 800+ gallon system guy here in indiana-

mmm i love that mushroom.. love it so much, one of these days gona cut it up like my others.. :P

you're the first person i've heard to cut up bullseye mushrooms. most people don't because they aren't as hardy as other shrooms which BTW don't need part of the mouth to grow a new one as is thought. how many piece did you cut it into? i'm going to do the same soon to one of my three. good to hear someone else has had success doing so.

The piece was around 1". I was going to trim it and leave the stalk, but the whole thing popped off. Remember that no matter how big it is, once you start working with it, it will expell the water that gives it its size and will also release mucus. It will be much smaller and damn difficult to hang on to.

Archived