Cultivated Reef

Will a RSM130D hood fit a RSM130 Tank?

tszetela

I am planning an up grade to LEDs so I ordered a new hood form RedSea and they shipped me a 130D and not the 130 that I ordered. Will it fit or is there an easy mod to get it to fit my RSM130? I called on Thursday when I got it, but the person I needed to speak with was out for the rest of the week. I believe it will not work but thought I would see if any one has tried!

(And I am not going to mention that I was quoted ~$17 to $19 for shipping and was charged $35!)

I don't see why it won't fit. Top molding of the tank is the same, pins are the same, they only changed the guts (slightly) between the two models. They don't produce the 130 any more so there is no way to get that hood in the first place.

Larger item like that $35 isn't too bad.

I know Pinky will be back on Monday, she was on vacation last week

When my 130 hood got fried by a brown out, I got a replacement hood from Red Sea - the 130d is the only one they currently will provide.

It fits the 130 fine - the only adjustment was you still have to use the 130 hinges with the new hood (can't take advantage of the full 90 degree opening top on the 130d). There were no modifications required.

Interested to hear about how you are doing the LED modification... I've got this burned out hood and it's begging for a special project.

Archived