Pod Your Reef

my 20L

ElectroTT

hello. had my 20L for about a year almost? setup is as follows"

Lighting

- 175w MH with a 10k bulb

- 2x36w actinics to add the bluer look

i run a bakpak wit a maxi-jet on it. also use 2 rio 180 powerheads that don't stick for sh*t. :angry: they keep falling and cause sandstorms. will probably get some mini jets or some maxi jets. i have approx. 40 lbs of live sand and 25-30 lbs of live rock. i will be upgrading to a 29g soon. the canopy and stand are both DIY by my dad. he likes to build stuff.: well, my tank isn't that great but here she goes.

inhabitants include:

1 blue devil damsel

1 small maroon clown

frogspawn

xenia

hairy mushrooms

some wierd pimple looking mushrooms(not ricordea)

yellow polyps

some zoos

brown and green star polyps

oh yea the canopy still needs some hinges. will be getting some this weekend wen i stop by home depot. i dont think i will be paintin the outside. kind of like the raw wood look B) so i hope the tape will hold those doors up for now.

Your hood looks like a retrofitted doghouse... i like it.

I wish I had the financial means to buy the live rock to fill my 20L, but alas I went with the 10 gallon. Yours looks really nice.

ElectroTT,

Where you going pick that many frags up for that price? Where do you shop for your coral at? I live in Baton Rouge, maybe we can meet up, I have plenty sps and zoanthid frags.

Send me a email.

wormafu@yahoo.com

I shop at Coral Connection in NO sometimes.

Lata

Your tank looks great! I dig your canopy, it's original. I also had a problem with a RIO powerhead not sticking. I ended up replacing the 3 suction cups with 2 bigger and better suction cups from an old heater. Good luck with those frags.

i took out my damsel and added a pair of firefish. had to take out all my rock X) to catch that bugger. i redid my rockwork and will be goin to the LFS tomorrow and get some more frags. camera sucks but here she goes. will be gettin more pics wit the new frags tomorrow.

• 3 months later...

If you add a sump it will help the heat issue just a little. I'm sure it gets hot in New Orleans in the hot summer months even if the back of the canopy is open.

Archived