SaltCritters.com

live rock :)

ElectroTT

ok so here is the deal. when i first started my 20L i bought this big ole 7lb piece of live rock. this was about a year ago. about 3 months later i took it out to add smaller pieces and eventually left the 7lb LR in a rubbermaid wit salt water. its has been in there for about 9 months now. it is pretty much a piece of dead rock now :( . if i were to take it out and put it in a new rubbermaid with fresh salt water and a piece of LR from my tank, do u guys think it will come back to life? i will also throw a powerhead in there to get some circulation. would bacteria get on that sucker and such from the live rock i am adding to it? help me out plz :D

From what I have read, nothing short of baking/bleaching will actually kill EVERYTHING, but I'm so far from an expert that you might as well ignore this post. =)

However I do know that even in worse case, after being placed with a live rock it would just pickup life from whatever is around it

one more thing. does anyone know of any program that i can get that makes your picture files smaller so that i can post them up? i would like to share some pics of my new canopy and some of my tank.

Assuming your using windows xp (might work in me and 2000), open the image in paint (start -> all programs -> accessories -> Paint)

Click on the image drop down menu, select stretch/skew, and change then "stretch" for both the horizontal and vertical by the same amount. (try 50%) and if that's a better size.

Make SURE you save the image as JPG not BMP or GIF.

If that doesn't work, let us know what you operating system is so we will have an idea what to suggest.

Archived