Pod Your Reef

Akma solana~

akma

So Finally got around to starting my tank thread.

This will be mainly an sps tank, with some zoas and palys. My lps are in another tank.

Equipment:

- 34 Gallon Solana with stand

- AI blue lights hung by zeroedge trees

- Vortech mp10esw

- Tunze osmolator for topoff

- RKL controller to run the heater

- Tunze 9002 modded with stevieT cup

- LitermeterIII to dose once I get the sps going

- JBJ Led glo for the cheato in the back. This light is BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT!

Current inhabitants:

- 2 ORA picasso A clowns

- 1 Helfrichi firefish

- Cleanup Crew

I was only going to some zoas and fish originally after my downgrade, but after looking at some of these nano tanks decided screw it. But I was stupid and sold all my sps. Now the search to start to get same pieces back.

equipment.jpg

solanapre.jpg

tanksump1.jpg

tankf1.jpg

picassoA.jpg

mypicasso.jpg

I am thinking about getting one for my Solana....how do you like it? i have a 150 MH Sunpod right now and like it but want some Actinics. I thought the fixture would be bigger espicially for 500+. Do you have 70 degree optics or the standard?

I love it. Especially changing the intensity of the light to suit my needs. Setting it is easy and can really get the colors you want. Doesn't really have the shimmer that my halides used too. I've seen people hang the fixture the other way which is longer but with the mountain rail I just set it up that way so that the long part goes from front to back. 150MH sunpod is fine too. When I first started this hobby I had a 150 sunpod with 14k pheonix. Best growth and color I ever had.

I am thinking about getting one for my Solana....how do you like it? i have a 150 MH Sunpod right now and like it but want some Actinics. I thought the fixture would be bigger espicially for 500+. Do you have 70 degree optics or the standard?
Great start. Why did you go with the double zeroedge bracket over the single? Does it position the light properly front-to-back?

I had the light brackets from my downgrade. Used it on a 48x30" tank until I recently sold it. So didn't want to waste more money getting the single bracket. It lights perfectly right up to the false wall in the back.

• 2 months later...

Some updates:

I changed the light tree from the picture to a single bar and moved the light sideways.

I added quite a few sps pieces. Problem with solana is not too much room. Just snapped a few pics to keep track of my progress.

Few additions:

- Tyree purple monster

- Snipersps blue polyp nastua

- Atl. Shades of Fall

- LE Grape Crush

- Tyree Pink lemonade

- ora tort

- cali tort

- ice fire tort

- Ponape birdsnest.

lightree.jpg

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

Fish:

clowns2.jpg

clowns.jpg

Helfrichiyawning.jpg

SPS:

calitort.jpg

ATLshadesoffall.jpg

snipersps.jpg

Purplemonster2.jpg

pinklemonade.jpg

oratort.jpg

ZOAS:

I'll take pics and upload those next time I post.

• 1 month later...

Ok so been about a month and I figured time to update. I like updating once a month just so I can keep track of it for myself. SPS part of the tank are doing pretty good. Encrusting and growing at a good pace. Hopefully I'll be getting a dslr next month. Hard to take pics under LED's.

I unfortunately lost one of my clownfish. Wasn't looking too healthy but I picked up 2 new fish for now.

- A tailspot blenny and a wrasse from Dom.

Adding zoa pictures for this. I couldn't get a picture of them all. Some of them were closed up so next time I update I will try to include them all at that time.

The little blenny:

tailspotblenny.jpg

Jewel Leopard Wrasse from DOM:

jewelleopardwrasse.jpg

Here's a new SPS: Rommel's watermellon from my friend jose

rommelswatermellon.jpg

This is one of the best blasto's I have ever seen. Orange with hints of green and yellow:

blasto.jpg

Orange Hammer:

orangehammer.jpg

WWC lazer lemons:

wwclazerlemons.jpg

purple hooters (wow):

wobbewong.jpg

Tutti futti:

tuttifutti.jpg

Strawberry wines:

strawberrywine.jpg

SC Utter Chaos:

scutterchaos.jpg

Rhastas:

rhastas.jpg

raptorsgarden.jpg

PPE:

ppe1.jpg

Pink Elephant:

pinkelephant2.jpg

JF Rainbow:

jfrainbow.jpg

JF Bloodshot:

jfbloodshot.jpg

One of my favorites:

favs.jpg

Emeralds of fire:

emeraldsonfire.jpg

Darth Mauls:

darthmauls.jpg

CAR:

car.jpg

caetc.jpg

Black Hole Suns:

bhsandstrawberrywine.jpg

I'll try to get pics of the rest of the zoas next time: couldn't get a clear shot of the rest.

Deleted User 4

I love those blastos, hopefully you can get a better pic of those, how much did you get those for and what size? thanks :D

• 5 months later...

update time~

I changed out the rock to live marco rocks a few weeks ago. The original rock was getting hit with cyano and I couldn't figure out why. After I took it out saw that the way it was formed caused too much detrimus to stack on the bottom. Took the zoas off the sand because they were constantly covered with sand because of my flow. Since i've put them on racks all opening up much better.

Some of my sps I have at a friends house because I went out of country for a month and having trouble with them.

Front tank:

tankfront1.jpg

The right side I'm going to make this an acan rock:

rightside.jpg

Few new chalices: I'll probably move these onto the rock on the left side to make it a chalice island.

newchalice.jpg

Here's just a sick acan:

sickacan.jpg

So many zoas I have to start fragging. Not sure if I should mount them on the rock.

• 1 month later...

I actually sold my sps:

Shooting myself already, but I needed to fund my lps obsession again.

How bout some purple monster growth shots under that SOl!

So i'm swapping out tanks pretty soon so probably last set of pics of my solana:

I'm hooked on clowns so I just picked up a pair of sick plats. The black contrast is awesome on these guys.

platclown.jpg

Picked up a new chalice:

The FnF Goku chalice.

fnfgoku.jpg

My bazooka joe got stung but it's starting to make a comeback. Lost all it's color but after switching back to T5's the red is coming back fast.

bazookajoe.jpg

Yuma:

yuma.jpg

new acans:

newacans.jpg

acan1.jpg

acan2.jpg

rainbow4.jpg

rainbow3.jpg

rainbow2.jpg

rainbow1.jpg

And this sick new scoly I just picked up:

scoley.jpg

Yeps,

I just don't think led's are ready yet. Under the led's the corals pop like crazy, but after being under led's and then mvoed to halides/T5, the corals look so washed out. They've actually all started to get darker and nice.

So you switched back to T5?
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a pic of few of my chalices. This is the right side of my tank. I'll take pics of left side later.

First. Ex-convict

convict.jpg

CB 3g mummy eye

3g.jpg

Cherry bomb

spiderman.jpg

Few of them grouped together. I just remounted a few onto square tiles from the round disks.

chalice.jpg

Archived