Innovative Marine Aquariums

Starting up a new Pico Reef

Meengineer0128

Meengineer0128

So my fiancee and I got a new dog.... I had to totally take down and sell off my BC29 :~(..... Women!

I now have a desk in place of the old BC29 and have convinced her to let me start up a little 4 gallon Pico. I chose the finnex 4 gallon delux. I have it setup and cycled with about 4 pounds of LR. I have 1 snail, 1 hermit, 1 branching frogspawn (very small).... and two small hiker red zoo polyps. Filtration is a Aquaclear 50 with just the mechanical filter in it..... Lighting is the 26w high intensity energy saver bulb that came with it. Seems to be pretty bright and lights up the entire aquarium very well......

Pictures to come soon.

Looking for stocking ideas!!!!

Your Fiancee and You get a dog, and You have to take down YOUR reef? What gives! Then the part about having to convince her to allow you to setup a new tank in the same location as the old tank just baffles me. What kind of things is she sacrificing for you? Haha.

Anyways, Lets see some pics. And i recomend Tiger Goby (Elacatinus macrodon) for a fish. Not too colourful, but when you put a white fish into a colourful reef it tends to standout just as well or more.

• 2 weeks later...
Meengineer0128

New Pictures

post-51854-1295652837_thumb.jpg

post-51854-1295652844_thumb.jpg

post-51854-1295652850_thumb.jpg

post-51854-1295652826_thumb.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy.

It's my first crack at a pico. It has been up for 3 weeks. Thanks BoostLED for the awesome LED lamp.

Archived