SaltCritters.com

Updated 7 gallon pics,need comments

Keng Yew, Leong

Keng Yew, Leong

After some new additions to this new tank,i decided to post more pics.I juz wonder why my clown is only symbiotic with the anemone while the lights are out..........it sleeps while rubbing itself on the BTA but abandons it during daytime....weird.....

Keng Yew, Leong

The lighting is 2x18 watt PC's with natural sunlight cuz the tank is next to a window n i live in the tropics...

That jewel stone thingy doesnt seem like a goni or alveo to me cuz it has polyps all over including the underside of it.Looks like an encrusting type of coral...still wonder wuzzit...maybe i should move this question into another forum.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
quandary_23

That does look like a flower pot to me any way, cout the tentacles on it 12(Alveopora) or 24(Goni)? I have a goni stokeski, hope i got that right, mine is neon green. Must read article on them by Sprung in advanced aquarist magazine, probably will help your survival time if you read his comments on them, any ways good luck and nice tank.

Also, having the macro in there is a great idea, b/c those are lagoon loving nutrient grabbing corals, whether they need to be fed or not is up for grabs. Yours doesn't look too extended though, Sprung suggests iron and manganese to bring it out more, he is working on that experiment.

Keng Yew, Leong

Thanx for the input n comments.....that goni/alveo is doing better now. I upgraded the lighting n put it lower in the tank with more flow......seems to be extending better n has some growth i think???

Archived