Innovative Marine Aquariums

Upgrade to 56g column

ngoodermuth

unless your YWG is really small i think it would be okay, but the longer you wait the harder it may be. maybe just get him a pistol and pair them in the sump?

looking good though

We do have a pistol in our DT, but they never paired when they were together. I'm not sure that our pistol is of the symbiotic type (Red Caribbean).

Anyway, he is rather small - he would be the smallest at about 1-1.5", with the angel and dottyback at about 1.5"-2" and the clownfish at about 3". We have been talking about setting up a small frag tank, so maybe I could keep him there until he is bigger than the dottyback? It might take a year or so ... but the dottyback will not get much bigger than he is now and the YWG should grow to at least 3-4".

And thank you for your kind words, with all the problems we've had I'm happy that we still have something to show for it! (knocks on wood)

• 3 weeks later...
ngoodermuth

New FTS- 3/14

IMG_1515.jpg

We finally caught the Dottyback and brought him back to the LFS (Note to self, no more dottybacks!) So now it's just the clown, dwarf angel, and YWG.

Here's a pic of the Black Ocellaris

IMG_1442.jpg

I had to move my acans for cleaning, and found a nice suprise.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

Lastly, I wanted to share growth shots from the Green Birds Nest frag:

12/20/2010

IMG_1007.jpg

3/10/2011

IMG_1497.jpg

As always, thanks for looking!

nice set up!!

I got a 28 euro for xmass,and set it up on 1/1/11

doing pretty well,I am having a little gha problem and red/purple algea issues

I believe it to be from some sunlight coming into the tank in the am,before the lamps come on

I need to cover the sides,but dont want to give up the view

keep up the good work and check out my tank if you get a chance

• 4 months later...
ngoodermuth

I haven't posted any updates in a while, so here are some new pics:

FTS 7/22/11

IMG_2521-1.jpg

Random shots...

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2519-1.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

More to come :)

• 1 month later...

Very nice tank. In your sump i noticed you put the reef octo in the water, can i ask why you did it that way? i have the bh1000 on my 20H, I'm going to add an overflow with a 10g sump and id like to stick the skimmer down there with all my equipment so I'm just curious about yours.

Thank you, yes -removed about 1/3 of what was in there intitially.

Very nice tank. In your sump i noticed you put the reef octo in the water, can i ask why you did it that way? i have the bh1000 on my 20H, I'm going to add an overflow with a 10g sump and id like to stick the skimmer down there with all my equipment so I'm just curious about yours.

We didn't have much room in the stand and miscalculated the baffle size (pump wouldn't reach the water) so had to kind of throw it in there. It worked fine while it was there, we recently upgraded to an in-sump.

So, it's been decided... will be upgrading to 56g column in 1-2 weeks. We bought a melanarus wrasse to clean-up our planaria flatworms (which he has done a spectacular job of in only a few days) and now love this fish to much to part and our tank is too small to house him permanently.

I guess this means that I will no longer going to be a part of the "nano" crowd? A sad thought, but my fish will thank me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived