Innovative Marine Aquariums

Updated 7 Gallon bow! Need Ph help!!!

alfieferenzo8469

alfieferenzo8469

HI everyone its me again long time no see! Anyways i decided to check my water today! I havent done a water change in about 3weeks now so i figured it to be bad but i dont undersand somthing! Well hear is my water samples!

Sality 1.023

Temp 80f

Ph 7.8

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrates 10

Phosphates 0.1

alk 2.0

Calcuim 420

So as you can see my ph is low! When i do a water change my alk is at 2.5 from mixing from io salt! After about a week it falls to 2.0! My calcuim is always above 400! So i dont understand why my ph is always 7.8 day and night!

This tank has been setup for atleast 6 mo. now and it has done really good! I havent lost any corals and have gotten some growth! I did however lose one fish to ick in this tank, I think it was cuz the pet store was bad???

Im really happy with this tank but the ph is really bothering me!

Now to the fun part i am going to be tearing down this 7 gallon bow and putting everything into a 15 gallon long tank probley this weekend the 15 gallon is already cycled and ready to go! Im just waiting on the light witch will be 2 65w pc bulbs! Kinda alot of light but i think it will be ok!

Well everyone let me know what you all think is going on with my ph and let me know how i can fix it! I put a little alk in the tank just now so i will test tomarrow to see if it helped!

Well like always please let me know what you think and hear is a link to my tank! Make sure you check out the new rock i got that is covered in zoos that rock is sweet! There are 4 pages be sure to check them all out! Thanks lol

http://www.msnusers.com/MarineReefAquariums/my7gallonnanoreeftank.msnw' target='_blank'>

alfieferenzo8469

Good idea i was thinking about that! Im using aquatic saltwater master liquid test kit!

Someone told me that maybe i should take my alk up to 3.5?

Well im open for ideas and thoughts! Im hoping to figure this out before i move this tank to the 15 gal! Well thanks!

Archived