Top Shelf Aquatics

New to hobby, Fluval edge questions

SAV602

Ah-ha!

Dementia hasn't gotten hold of me just yet... just clued in on what you mentioned on the trimming and woot it will work and yet look stock.

thanks SAV, off to DIY this week-end.

cheers!

Ah-ha!

Dementia hasn't gotten hold of me just yet... just clued in on what you mentioned on the trimming and woot it will work and yet look stock.

cheers!

:) Glad I could help!

SAV602 you got any fear that the AC 50 is going to over flood your tank if the power goes out?

lol now I do...

We actually do have power outages at least once a year during the first heavy rain. I'll grab some towels and test this right now.

-EDiT: Its fine, I just need to remember to keep it maybe 1" below the top of the tank. Thanks for that question though as I'm sure I would have found out the hard way!

Just for my notes:

Nitrites 0

Nitrate 8

Ammonia .25

Salt 1.024

1 week into the cycle.

AC50 Floss and Bio Max.

No external lighting yet.

Temp 78 degrees (crappy digital temp monitor)

Anything else I should be monitoring?

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

So i'm waiting for the nanocustoms light to come in, will probably be another few weeks from what Nick advised in an email. While I've been waiting I set up my stand and ordered some timers and a surge protector. For some reason when I ordered my timers I didn't think to check whether they were a 2 or 3 prong set up. Nick just advised that the edge light is 3 prong. So my question is, is this dangerous in anyway if I get an adaptor? I know the third prong is a ground and I know it's there for a reason, but will it affect anything in a negative way? Below is a picture of my setup. I'd email nanocustoms but those mofos are busy, so If I don't get a response here I'll send em a quick one. Thanks

post-62711-1299073442_thumb.jpg

Edit: Oh and by mofo I mean super friendly quick to respond guys.

I'm actually waiting for that fixture as well, just ordered mine late last week....

You just dremeled off the arms, that's it? I currently have mine running, so I just need to take the power plug out for the current lights and dremel it off? I'll have to do this while the tank is running so I gots to be careful :)

• 2 months later...
Hey all,

So i'm waiting for the nanocustoms light to come in, will probably be another few weeks from what Nick advised in an email. While I've been waiting I set up my stand and ordered some timers and a surge protector. For some reason when I ordered my timers I didn't think to check whether they were a 2 or 3 prong set up. Nick just advised that the edge light is 3 prong. So my question is, is this dangerous in anyway if I get an adaptor? I know the third prong is a ground and I know it's there for a reason, but will it affect anything in a negative way? Below is a picture of my setup. I'd email nanocustoms but those mofos are busy, so If I don't get a response here I'll send em a quick one. Thanks

post-62711-1299073442_thumb.jpg

Edit: Oh and by mofo I mean super friendly quick to respond guys.

How is your Edge coming along now? Any updates? Have you gotten the Nanocustoms fixture yet?

Ah-ha!

cheers!

Did you ever manage to fit the AC50 in the fluval edge? I want to know before I order one myself.

Is the AC50 exact dimensions as the old AC200?

Could you please take some photos close up un the filter sitting in place on the fluval edge top? I'm very close on upgrading the filter for my edge I just need to be 100% sure I can fit a AC50 otherwise I will go with the AC30.

Archived